Sheffield’s Urban Green Spaces

Yesterday while I was at an event at Duke’s Cafe in Norfolk Park I came across this map of Sheffield’s urban green spaces.


Open Gates Outdoors is passionate about exploring Sheffield’s urban green spaces as well as its beautiful frame. This map got me thinking about what is my favourite urban green space in Sheffield and which urban green spaces on the map have I not been to and would I most like to explore. 

If I had to pick a favourite urban green space it would be Rollastone Wood in Meersbrook because it’s convenient for my house, so quiet, its a gorge with big slopey paths and it links so well to Carr Woods and also the Moss Valley beyond. The urban green space I haven’t yet been to and am most keen to experience is perhaps Loxley and Wadsley Common. I had a lovely walk in Loxley Valley recently appreciating its awesome crags and I want to explore the Common with its trig point and it’s links to the Bradfield area to put the Loxley Valley into more context.

What is your favourite urban green space in Sheffield and which are you most keen to explore for the first time? 

George




Comments

  1. I seem to be able to give comments quite easily but not sure other people can??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is definitely Ecclesall woods to see the Jays!
    I would love to go and see Sky Edge fields to see a different view of the city centre.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moving statues

An alternative approach to being outdoors